A neighborhood's walkability is associated with health, economic, and environmental benefits. San Antonio's Walk Score® ranking has declined, and in 2015, we saw a slight uptick, likely a result of growth around the edges of the city as compared to the more walkable central neighborhoods. This issue can be addressed with purposeful planning that values walkability in the design of our growing community. This is why it is important for the City of San Antonio’s SA Tomorrow Comprehensive Plan to addresses connected, walkable neighborhoods.
Call to Action:
- Learn more about SA2020 neighborhood partners, then give your time, talent, energy, or dollars to one (or more).
- Join or start a homeowner’s association or neighborhood organization.
- Serve on city and/or county boards and commissions.
- Spay/neuter your animals.
- Walk more and drive less.
- Participate in city meetings for the SA Tomorrow Comprehensive Plan.
Updated December 2016