Increase Greater Downtown Area Population
The vitality of our greater downtown neighborhoods plays a critical role in the strength of our urban core. That is why examining the growth of the greater downtown area population is so important. Since 2010, we have seen a steady increase of residents in downtown, and as of 2014, we are ON TRACK to hit the 2020 target.
Call to Action:
- Learn more about SA2020 neighborhood and downtown partners, then give your time, talent, energy, or dollars to one (or more).
- Join or start a homeowner’s association or neighborhood organization.
- Build, restore, and rehab housing in existing neighborhoods.
- Make available decent, affordable housing for low-income families.
- Go to council meetings and zoning board meetings and contact council members and agencies. Find your City Council Representative.
- Participate in city meetings for the SA Tomorrow Comprehensive Plan.
Updated December 2016